The major activities of Kalyan Karnataka Librarians Association are
- Protect the interest of Library community to ensure improved status by developing Policies and Guidelines in consultation with state and national Professional Bodies in Library and Information Science.
- Utilize the existing technical manpower within and outside for the overall development of libraries in Kalyan Karnataka region to stay in tune with current developments and meet the changing needs of users.
- Undertake research projects and build infrastructure to organize special lecture series, Library celebrations and career orientation programs to the user community.
- Conduct Skill development programmes and organize workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Organize felicitation programmes to the achievers for their professional achievements.
- Publication of inter-disciplinary journal, newsletters and publish books, conference proceedings and technical reports.
- Develop Co-operating banking system to strengthen the financial resources and support the society.
- Organize Social and cultural activities including family gatherings on different occasions.